UFC 249 is back on business with new fight card as well as an incredible main event Gaethje vs Ferguson live fight.
As part of a long story, grueling — some say misguided too — attempt by Dana White, the UFC boss, to bring sports back to our televisions and online stream, UFC 249 is back again. It brings with it one of the best and incredible fight cards of this year.
A very quick and brief history lesson before we dive in: We thought about UFC 249 that it was going to take place on an isolated fight island, as a part of a Mortal Kombat-esque plan to escape the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions crisis all over the world (in this scenario UFC boss Dana White is Shao Kahn). Then UFC 249 with all its fight card was apparently going to take place on tribal land at the Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino in Lemoore, California, US. After that it got cancelled by the UFC president Dana White after the UFC’s partners ESPN and Disney stepped in.
Now UFC 249 with a new and incredible fight card has been resurrected from the dead. It is very much alive and taking place in Jacksonville, Florida, thanks to a change in restrictions in that Florida state. It looks like UFC might be one of the first sport to get back up and running after the coronavirus pandemic.
Many of the fights of new fight card was originally scheduled on the original UFC 249 fight card are still present on this new card. Namely, its main event: Justin Gaethje vs Tony Ferguson. No, it’s not Ferguson vs Khabib as it was originally planned as main event of UFC 249, but outside of getting Conor McGregor in which is the next best thing of this event.
Gaethje vs Ferguson is an awesome interim title fight in this UFC 249 event. A battle between two MMA fighter who are literally the human bulls, two athletes who will march forward no matter what comes toward them. Gaethje, especially MMA fighter, has been in practically nothing but fight of the year contenders in octagon. He will kick your legs so hard that you cannot walk a single step. On the other hand, Ferguson is also known for his incredible pressure and cardio. I can’t wait to watch Faethje vs Ferguson live fight on UFC 249 on May 9.
UFC 249 has also been bolstered by its second title fight which was originally planned for UFC 250 main event, between Henry Cejudo and Dominick Cruz — also a compelling contest of this event. Cejudo is an Olympic gold medalist and a two-division champion; Cruz is probably the best UFC bantamweight fighter of all time. Cruz arguably shouldn’t be getting this opportunity (his last fight was a loss and it was three and a half years ago) but this will a tough fight to call who will win the fight. Cruz has proven himself to be remarkably immune to octagon rust.
Outside of this UFC 249 two titles fights, this card runs deep too. Its jam packed with many UFC and MMA stars: Anthony Pettis, Donald Cerrone, Michelle Waterson all feature is there. As does Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Francis Ngannou fight, a terrifying and tough contest between arguably the two most dangerous heavyweights MMA fighter in the UFC.
I can bet, you would be so mad to miss this one.
How to watch UFC 249 live online (Gaethje vs Ferguson fight)
This year the UFC entered with a new partnership with ESPN network. That is great news for the UFC and the expansion of the combat sport of MMA all over the world, but it could be the bad news for consumer choice. Especially, if you want to watch UFC 249 live in the US.
In the United State of America, if you are looking for how to watch UFC 249 live, you will only find the UFC fight night on PPV through ESPN+. The cost structure is a little bit confusing to all, but according to ESPN’s site, here are the options to watch UFC live on ESPN.
- Existing yearly ESPN+ subscribers can order the upcoming UFC fight which is UFC 249 live for only $65.
- Existing monthly ESPN+ subscribers will be able to either purchase the ability to watch UFC PPV for just $65 by itself or upgrade to an annual plan and buy UFC PPV for only $85.
- New ESPN+ subscribers can buy a bundle of one UFC PPV event which will streaming in HD and an ESPN+ annual recurring subscription for only $85. The ESPN+ annual ESPN subscription will be auto renewed after one-year use, at the price of an ESPN+ annual subscription at the time when autorenewal happening.
You can do all of the above which you prefer at the ESPN official site.
The UK fans of MMA looking for how to watch UFC 249 live and they will find it exclusively through BT Sport network in United Kingdom. There are many more options to watch UFC 249 live if you live in Australia or New Zealand. You can watch UFC 249 live through Main Event on Foxtel network all over Australia and New Zealand. You can also stream online on the UFC website or watch UFC 249 live online using UFC app to stream on your computer or smart TVs or even on your smartphone. You can even order UFC 249 by using your PlayStation 4 to watch the live fight or stream using the UFC app on your Xbox One.
Start time of UFC 249
UFC 249 live will takes place on Saturday, May 9 in the Florida, USA. Although unlike most of the UFC events we can expect yet, given the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, this is a fluid situation to all of us. Times and dates could be change at any time in any situation. We will endeavor to keep this as much up-to-date as possible.
- The main card starts at 10:00p.m. ET
- The prelims start at 8:00p.m. ET
- The early prelims start at 6:15p.m. ET
(Note in the UK UFC 249 starts Sunday, May 10 due to geographical time zone)
- The main card starts at 3:00a.m. GMT
- The prelims start at 1:00a.m. GMT
- The early prelims start at 11:15p.m. GMT
(Note in Australia UFC 249 starts on Sunday, May 10 due to geographical time zone)
- The main card starts at 12:00p.m. AEDT
- The prelims start at 10:00a.m. AEDT
- The early prelims start at 8:15 a.m. AEDT
Who’s fighting in UFC 249?
- Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje
- Henry Cejudo vs Dominick Cruz
- Francis Ngannou vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Jeremy Stephens vs Calvin Kattar
- Greg Hardy vs Yorgan De Castro
- Anthony Pettis vs Donald Cerrone
- Aleksei Oleinik vs Fabricio Werdum
- Carla Esparza vs Michelle Waterson
- Uriah Hall vs Ronaldo Souza
- Vicente Luque vs Niko Price
- Bryce Mitchell vs Charles Rosa
- Ryan Spann vs Sam Alvey